1. I have a dedicated HTPC running Windows where I watch ALL my TV
2. I am a techie, build my own PCs, prefer open source and willing to work with applications and features that are still in development.
3. I am a web/RIA developer by trade, I understand software and how to report bugs.
4. My wife is not a techie, her expectations are that of a standard user
5. I canceled cable and I am watching all my TV through the internet and I'm not enjoying the experience of using standard browsers for this.
6. I have machines running Vista and Windows 7 beta that I can test on.
7. I really really want to.
8. I've signed up for the alpha form a few times but never seen anything happen.
9. I have a netflix account that I have linked up to boxee already.
10. I pledge to be cool and not throw a hissy fit when something doesn't work.
I basically just really want to start using boxee on my HTPC and thought I'd make a case for it. I have it on my laptop (which is a Mac) and like it but don't really use the laptop for day to day TV watching. If I have to wait for a new round to start and there's a limited number of people that will get in that's cool, just tell me what hoops I have to jump through and I'll make sure to get it done.
I love the application, love that you guys are fighting the good fight with hulu/content providers... keep up the good work and let me play with the cool toys!!!