Here's a punch list and hopefully a home for others to post suggestions for Boxee-Win.
My Goal: Make Boxee my exclusive media portal
- Social Networking-Expand on the Friends section to have more robust profile and interaction...a.k.a. Boxee a la Facebook, this is huge so I know this is a strategic element...email, info, comments, pics, wall, in addition to 'watched'; 'Groups' can make things interesting as far as common media interests. Seed groups with common genres/categories but let community create their own also. Start simple, stay stable, build slowly.
- Enable Minimize, Restore and Maximize to eliminate need to open/close when multi-tasking
- Add a user definable method for file format identification to handle exceptions to Boxee recognized formats
- MS-DVR filename format natively recognized for scanning and indexed as TV Shows
- Navigation - Make the Breadcrumb Trail at top of screen 'active', click on folder higher in hierarchy brings you there
- Standardize skins around the XBMC baseline and leverage a schema extension to handle the Boxee nuances, add browse capability to select/import new ones
- Provide a means for user to define an external player for physical media playback (e.g. PowerDVD HD, etc. can then play Blu-Ray without exiting my beautiful Boxee
- Provide the ability to 'force rescan' within each Media Type ( achoice under Video and TV Shows)
- Boxee iPhone Remote Application
- Pictures-Adding a nav menu for mouse use while in slideshow, pause, play, next, prev, skip back and forth jumps 10 pics if that many are in folder, mouse wheel navigates up/down;
- Pictures-Adding a 'horzontal wheel' view like in itunes albums cover art as option to move through(mouse wheel works same way)
That's it for now