February 7th, 2012, 11:14 PM
NFO syntax documentation?
Hello. Can anybody point me to an official syntax document for NFO files please? This thread comes close, but gives examples instead of syntax: http://boxee.zendesk.com/entries/510...ng-an-nfo-file
I'm hoping that such a syntax document would answer my questions:
1) Right now I have many movies in a single "movies" folder, but I want to add my own cover artwork for a couple of them. Can I do that, or do I need to gather the movie file, NFO file, and artwork file in a subfolder?
2) If I can do it without making subfolders, do I name the jpg files <movie>.jpg?
3) If I use subfolders, do the jpg files have to be named folder.jpg, or can they be named <movie>.jpg?
4) What exactly do I include in my NFO file, for the BB to be able to find the jpg files? I want to know how to specify the drive, the folder, and the jpg filename.
5) How do you comment out a line in the NFO file? e.g. if I want to add a <thumb> tag to my NFO template, but leave it commented out since I won't use it for most of my movies.
6) Is there a mandatory order of tags within the NFO? e.g. <id> before <title> before <thumb>, or something else?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by peteybaby; February 7th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.