Received my Boxee today and 5 hours later I am unable to use it for anything. I spent the five hours reading all the pertinent threads in this forum and trying every suggestion. Maybe I'm just missing something simple and hopefully do not have a dead boxee (refurb from Geeks.com). Briefly, here is what I did:
1. Set up all the connections and turned it on. Was asked to log into my wireless network (my router is too far away from me TV/Boxee to use ethernet).
2. Had the famous "Connected to wireless network, but cannot connect to the Internet" message. This despite all other wireless devices in the condo working fine.
3. Tried disabling my wireless WPA security (I have the standard Actiontec modem/router Verizon gives you) and I thought I was able to then get some sort of connection. However,
4. I was next asked to enter my Boxee Username/Password, which I did, but I was told I was OFFLINE. This despite the small clock in the top right hand corner working.
5. I looked in the Network Advanced tab and all looks good, but how to get ONLINE?
6. I thought maybe I should do a manual update, but that didn't work either. I downloaded the file and followed the instructions to a 'T', but got the message there was no USB device or file. Update failed. This was the most current update, which I believe is a Beta.
So, I am still wading through the Forum, but cannot find anything else that seems to work so I can (a) Connect to the Internet using my wireless connection or (b) even use the boxee in offline mode.
I would really appreciate any suggestions that might get me onboard with this device. Thank you!