we have released an alpha version of the boxee remote app for the iPhone.
while we are waiting for Apple to approve our app we thought it would be good for people with jailbroken iPhones to give it a try.
here is how you can get it:
- Open Cydia.
- Go to Manage->Source->Edit->Add , and add "http://apt.boxee.tv/cydia/" as a source.
- Choose "Boxee" from the source list.
- Choose "Boxee Remote Control" from the source list.
- Hit "Install"
- the boxee remote app has two modes: Gesture and Buttons.
- in the Gesture mode you need to hold down your thumb and move it around in order to navigate.
- clicking on the boxee logo acts as Select/Play/Pause
- dragging the boxee logo to the edges of the screen will act as a continuous up/down/left/right
- clicking in an input field will open up the iPhone Qwerty keyboard and will enable you to easily enter text
- the app works over WiFi, so make sure the WiFi on your iPhone is turned on
let us know what you think!