First of all I'm very impressed with your work so far. Being alpha it's amazingly stable and full of neat features not found any place else. I've been using Xhub, XMBC, Plex, Media Central and Front Row for the last year now. I've seen it all and tried it all. Currently I'm using Front Row. Below are some suggestions:
1. iTunes and iPhoto integration. No Mac user is gonna use Boxee instead of Front Row if all the stuff is not in there. xHub was able to read the database files and Front Row does it too. So it's possible. PLEASE make this happen. Just auto-import all the stuff that's in there including playlists, albums, cover art, events. Also keep the option to select a seperate folder for the few who don't use iPhoto or iTunes.
2. People who are going to use this have large collections of films, pictures and music. A lot of them will have files spread over different drives on a network or connected via usb or firewire. I imported all my stuff into it. it took about a day before it was complete more or less. In the meantime I could barely use Boxee. Importing should be done in the background. Also there's no progress bar of activity viewer. It would be nice to see what's going on.. is it crashing is it busy?
3. When done with importing some movies have "" and others don't. What's going on?
4. It would be very handy to separate TV shows, Movies and Podcasts. Now they're all mixed up.
5. The video sorting is a bit messy. My sources, volumes and ad-source are all in the same screen. What about keeping the management stuff separate under preferences and not under video, music and pictures again?
6. Some films get totally wrong cover-art. The coverart fetch and imdb info is a real treat when working of coure
7. It would be nice to select a start-up screen. Go to Movies by default for example.
8. I like the fluffy green/white thing. But it is sometimes difficult to read the white text on a green background.
9. Choose your own background in the main-menu?
10. Videoplayback is EXCELLENT! Even .mkv and .m4v files play correctly over a network. FrontRow has some serious issues with that.
11. I love the subtitles option! Ab subtitle? Shouldn't that be Ad subitile or am I missing something?
12. Movies in the mainscreen have imdb info. When I go to my sources and browse my files there's no info? (same file) when I try to fetch new info nothing happens.
13. I found that 2-row browsing works best on a 32 inch TFT.
14. The settings for videoplay back are also fantastic. Wanna strech it? No problem etc.. not may apps do this correctly.
15. The icons and art works are done very well. Keep it simple, abstract, clean and nice. Don't do photo-realistic icons.
16. One user. Auto-log-in?
17. I accidently deleted the one friend it has by default. How do I add friends?
18. Just an idea.. Watching multi-page .PDF files or .cbz or .cbz files would be very nice. I would like to read comics and magazines on the bigscreen.
19. Have you seen http://www.cooliris.com/ ? If not check it. It would be nice to browse media locally at this speed and with that view. Just thinking out loud.
20. An iPhone/iPod Touch app or web-interface for Boxee would be very nice! For the moment I use remote buddy to control Front Row. You might want to check out DVDPedia. This database app for Mac has a nice iPhone cousin. It transfers all the info and images of your movies to your iPhone so you can browse the movies you have. It would be nice if Boxee would transfer all this info to your iPhones and when selecting a file it would play on your Mac. This would be a DREAM! Even nicer would be realtime transcoding to your iPhone
21. Some movies are split into two parts. It would be nice if Boxee would merge them into one entry instead of two.
22. That sums it pretty much up I guess
Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to using this nice piece of software every day of my digital life