BartsideeTV is an app that makes it easier to integrate tv channels, shows and episode from internet streaming sources. It is a framework based on the boxee api and a fixed gui to display content for people who do not have the skills to make their own app. Bartsidee tv modules are loaded using external repositories. These repositories are like boxee repositories, but instead of apps they contain modules. The modules are external python scripts to process/load a specific streaming source in a standardized manner.
The bartsidee tv main repository is opensource and the source of the modules can be found here.
I you want to create your own module please have a look at the documentation here.
- integration of a wide variaty of stream sources in a single app.
- a global search over all modules
- static stream lists (depending on the module)
- genre section (depending on the module)
- episode view (depending on the module)
- subtitle support (depending on the module)
- database: fast searching and url caching
- module api: build your own module
- supports all platforms
Supported source modules:
- American channels ( Hulu ) – only free to watch shows!
- Britisch channels (BBC, iTV)
- Belgium ( een, canvas)
- Dutch channels ( sbs, rtl, uzg, nl24, tmf)
- Swedish Channels ( svt , tv3, tv6, tv8)
- Canadian Channels (CBC )
- German Channels (Zdf, ARD)
- Navi-x (limited support)
- AnimeFreak TV
- Chinese TV
How to add BartsideeTV to your boxee:
- Please look at my site for more instructions
You will see a new line on your screen "Bartsidee Repository". When you open it it will show all the apps in my repository including BartsideeTV.
For easier access to the app you can add it to your favorites. You do this by clicking the app once and select the "add to favourite icon".
How to enable source modules:
When you open the app for the first time no modules are enabled. You have to set them up for first use. BartsideeTV will save your settings so you will only have to do this once.
- Open BartsideeTV
- Choose the tab "Settings" on the top.
- Scroll to the list of modules and enable the ones you like by clicking on them.
The framework will directly load the module when enabled and you will be able to use the streaming sources from the main search tab or use static lists from the module tab
For performance increasements in the search function please disable the modules you don't use in the settings section.
You can get more information on my blog www.bartsidee.nl