Here's a little tutorial to help people with OS X and external HFS+ drives add them as USB drives to Boxee Box and share them:
- Plug drive into Mac
- Open Disk Utility
- Select the drive, hold Alt (Option) key and press File
- Select Disable Journaling
- Open Finger, right click on the drive and select Get Info
- Make sure Everyone is added and select Read and Write for their rights
- Click the golden lock and authenticate
- Click the little setting button by the Minus on the bottom and select "Apply to enclosed items"
- Eject the drive and plug it into the Boxee Box
- On the Boxee Box, under Network Settings / Servers
- Select "Enable Windows Sharing"
- Leave no password and user is guest
- Make sure you know the servername "boxeebox" is default
- On the Mac you should now see boxeebox under "shared" in Finder
- If you don't see it, open Finder, press Command + K and enter "smb://boxeebox" without quotes
- Select Guest account and select the partition that you want to connect to.
Job Done. Hope it works for you