As Avner wrote a some days ago, we have been hard at work on an updated firmware which includes UI/UX changes with the local content mongers at the top of our mind.
This version has been through a couple of iterations and under scrutiny of our Early Access users (and a huge thank you to all of you.. you know who you are), and we're extremely happy to have just put it out the door.
The update will hit you automatically within the next 24 hours, or you can go ahead and squeeze that Check For Update button now.
Changes in this version:
- Enabling user flavor selection (online/local inclination) during first login and via Settings - defaults for users selecting local will direct to local content and will not mandate multiple clicks to get to local content
- Added alphabetical scrollbar for local content
- Enhanced sorting options in browse screens (A-Z, Z-A, most popular, newest/oldest...)
- Main menu supports additional filter options
- Mark items as watched/unwatched from the Action menu
- Added option for hourly scan of local libraries
- When watching side-by-side or over/under video, the subtitles and OSD would not be visible when wearing 3D glasses. The user now has the option, under Settings, to have the user interface properly displayed when watching this kind of content
- Added SMB client defaults to network settings
Tom & Team Boxee
Full release notes, including bug fixes, here.