We have spent the past week or so to fix almost all major issues reported by our forum users, Amazon commenters, twitterers, emailers, bloggers, Jira and support ticket openers.
This version does not include the UI changes Avner has written about, but rather laser focused on making the software work great on so many varied configurations the "real world" represents.
The version is currently in testing, and if all is well in the next couple of days, you will receive it as an automatic software update.
Once it's out, share your thoughts here and on Amazon.
I would like to thank you all for helping us making Boxee better!
Tom & Team Boxee
Here is what has been fixed:
- 1080i playback in Web browser caused black screens for Web and local content
- Some HD .avi content playing at low frames-per-second
- Failure to seek in specific Blu-Ray .iso over network share
- Case sensitivity issues in .iso filename extension
- Stuttering while playing some Blu-Ray content
- No video, audio only while playing some .m4v content
- Failure to render .ass subtitles after changing overscan settings
- Failure in opening .rar files containining subtitles
- Playback and overscan issues when switching to and from fullscreen of online content
- Rear channels on AAC 5.1 are not played properly w/ LPCM 5.1 out
- Flash video audio drops out after ~1 hour in long length online videos
- Select subtitles from hard-drive screen does not work
- Wireless signal levels display (showing one bar when in fact 3 bars should be displayed)
- Missing WiFi encryption schemes
- First time WiFi setup takes excessive time
- Repeated credentials request for non-secure network shares (SMB)
- Unable to access network share when Window Live is installed on Windows 7
- Intermittent crashes when failing to open networked media
- Frequent disconnects from Mac OS X network shares (SMB)
- Empty screen appears when filtering shows by Channels > TED, Engadget, when geo lock is enabled
- Faulty DNS configuration when using VPN causing a Boxee network disconnect
- Leave/stay prompt shows up multiple times for some online content
- Web browser screen size was wrong, not compensating for overscan
- "Resume from" does not always show
- Browser Loading progress bar does not go away
- Weather location and timezone are not always set up correctly
And here is what has been added and improved:
- Support .mkv with header compression
- Support switching from PC black level to video black level
- Default overscan is now 3% on top and left and 6% on right and bottom
- Add a global subtitles toggle, set to off by default
- Support for showing password for Wireless connections
- Support for reporting HDMI/HDCP handshake status