I got sick and tired of windows media center running every time I hit the annoying green button.
I googled like a fiend trying to find a way to usurp the seemingly hardwired functionality of that green button to start my sexy Boxee installation.
I finally went with the nuclear option:
- Took ownership of C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe
- Renamed ehshell.exe to ehshellold.exe
- Created a batch file named ehshell.bat and put the following into it:
Code:START /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Boxee\" BOXEE.exe -p EXIT
- Get a bat to exe converter (search download.com for one)
- Put the new ehshell.exe file into the C:\Windows\ehome directory
*Note: I use this on my gyration