The entire AV industry is waiting for the dlink/boxee device to be released. We are ready to to sell the dlink boxee device to our customers. Here are some concerns we have:
* You should support 1080i/p component video output… by not offering component video ports and forcing us to use HDMI we cannot integrate the box into AV matrix systems! The reason is because HDMI is very problematic. It works very poorly compared to the tried and true component video
* Look at apple tv, roku, vudu, your cable box, and every other box in your entertainment center. They all have component video output! Roku is taking a big gamble. Think of the tens of millions of TVs around the world that DO have component video capability but do NOT have HDMI….
* Think of the tens of millions of people that are going to buy the dlink boxee and then go return it for a refunc because HDMI did not synch up…. or they did not have HDMI port on their TV! What a nightmare for your company.
* Who is advising you on this video output issue? You should consult with somebody experienced in the industry… your company is really reducing the target audience greatly.
* There are tons of great chipsets on the market that output component video.
Kindly respond to his issue. Thanks!
General community, voice your concerns to the boxee team so they can do this the right way!