I completely uninstalled (everything) the "accidently prereleased" BETA that I got 3 weeks ago and installed the official BETA today.
I can't tell you how dissappointed I am This version is completely buggy for me in XP Pro. I'm not sure if it's an XP problem or just the program is not ready for primetime. People have been saying that Boxee has not been playing nice with XP on this forum but I had no idea. This is a complete step backwards.
If it's just an XP problem, no biggy, I can just reinstalled the "old version" until they get the XP version right.
The immediate problems I see (worked fine in "old version") are:
- Playing standard Def movies are glitchly
- skip forward/backward buggy
- Can't add a share of my picture folder
- Music cover art is missing
- Pandora is completely buggy and not useable
- GUI background is glitchy and buggy
I see only 3 options
1) I screwed up the uninstall/install of old and new Boxee that messed things up.
2) Boxee BETA really doesn't play nice with XP yet.
3) Boxee BETA development went backwards.
Does anybody else have XP and are you have these issues? Do you think my uninstall/install went bad? Any other ideas?
I'm not trying to bash on Boxee. I love it. I want to love it But if this is truely an XP problem it should have never been released like this.