Here's my report on the new version + some suggestions:
1. It works a lot faster when browing.
2. Going back to movies for the second time takes as much time the first time. Can't this data be cached? It takes about 10-20 seconds each time so going back is a pain.
3. The new interface is a real treat. I really like the new 9 icons + preview view one. Very nice work there
4. I really don't like the new background. I prefer the more abstract approach. I changed it. (it's in the Boxee package)
5. Wouldn't it be nice if Boxee just used your desktop and would scale into view when started? A bit like Exposť and Dashboard? This way it would feel like a real part of the OS instead of Front Row? Let's call it the third layer (finder, dashboard and Boxee)
6. iTunes and iPhoto intergration on the same level as Front Row would really be my top priority.
7. Now playing optiion on the left :excellent
8. Pop-up Guide: great idea!
9. When there's only one option to display the media like in sources maybe hide the view option since there's nothing to change.
10. List view is now very nice too! Scrolling is fast and the letter pop-up is very handy when browsing very large collections.
11. The preference screen could use some more options like setting a default view for specific content.
12. Browsing movies is much better now. movies / tv series
13. When browsing sources it show my mounted volumes too. I would like NOT to see them here. I just want to my sources not the surrounding volumes. Keep it clean if possible.
14. I kept my user folder. I did try to start from 0 but the application became sooo slow while indexing the files and crashed a couple times too. So I reverted to my old user folder and all worked fine again. Still importing media should not slow down the app.. (crash reports send)
15. I corrected my name on the Boxee website but it still shows up wrong. When creating a new user on anther Mac the problem remains.
I still love it and use it everyday and I'm very happy with the new release. Keep 'm coming
And of course it plays all files without a problem too (main point of using it)