Justin.tv is now available on Boxee!
- View full screen, high quality live broadcasts from Justin.tv
(In resolutions up to 720p, depending on the channel being viewed.)
- Browse channels using beautiful live thumbnail images that will update every 5 minutes while browsing. The channel inspector shows a larger preview of the video, current channel status, and the number of current viewers.
- Filter channels by ANY Category and Subcategory offered on the Justin.tv website.
Want to see only Movies? or Hockey? No problem!
All categories are sorted from highest to lowest popularity.
- Filter channels by broadcast language, too. No sneaking into a channel only to figure out it's in Spanish (or Japanese).
- Justin.tv App remembers the category you were browsing the last time it was launched.
This reduces the time to reach your favorite channels.
- Justin.tv App can display your favorite channels. Simply "Log In" with your Justin.tv username and the new Favorites Category will appear. This Category will show all of your favorite channels from the Justin.tv website. You must create a profile and add your favorite channels on the Justin.tv site to use this feature. At the moment I haven't devised a good way to favorite channels in Boxee, because the player controls cannot be customized at the moment.
- Uses the Justin.tv API that was recently released.
This means the app will withstand HTML layout changes, etc.
- App loads "screens" of thumbnails at a time to reduce load times.
The channel list will automatically expand as you navigate to the end of the list.
- Navigate by scrolling through the channel list, or use the page up/page down buttons to move one screen at a time.
Mouse users can also navigate using the scrollbar control.
- App has been tested and verified working on the AppleTV, Mac, Ubuntu, and Windows versions of Boxee.
- Sometimes an ad will pop up at and obsure the bottom of the screen. If you wait a few minutes, it will disappear. These ads are encoded into the stream and cannot be removed to my knowledge.
- Some of the 720p channels really chug on the AppleTV.
Update: The Justin.tv App is now available in the official Boxee repository. Thanks for everybody's hard work testing the initial release of my first app!
Please report back any problems you find with the app.
This is my big thank you to the boxee community for keeping me cable free for the past year!
Version 1.08 of the Justin.tv app has been released.
- Improved the way the app handles embedded unicode characters in the channel status field.
- The app can now display pound signs in the channel status field.
- Removed the crcmod library which is no longer used as of version 1.07.
This is now "official" Boxee app for Justin.tv!
Big thanks go out to the guys at Boxee and Justin.tv,
and to everybody here for the great feedback and ideas.
See these posts on the Boxee blog and the Justin.tv blog: