View Full Version : Force boxee to re-index sources?
October 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM
i am new to this forum - so apologies if this is really simple...
- first, the new boxee interface runs great on my atv, much smoother/quicker. great work on that. i agree with the other posters, HULU is pretty choppy on my 37" LCD.
- my question is this - when i first installed the new update, boxee indexed all my movies/tv shows from the current sources. however, i've added another source folder, and i can't figure out how to make it re-index so the new folder's content shows up.
is there something i'm missing here?
tks, and again thanks for putting this software out, it's really great!
October 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
so, i guess what i actually mean is boxee isn't updating my tv shows/movies at all - after it initially indexed, it's like it's just loading that content and not actually indexing the directories for new/added content.
October 22nd, 2008, 12:00 AM
I had this problem when I re-org'd a couple directories of new shows and left boxee on to index them, but a day later and it never did. I just reinstalled Boxee on the ATV so maybe it'll start to index them properly.
As a suggestion, maybe some indicator (spinners, etc.) on the media sources for anything currently being indexed or just a "Last Indexed on..." timestamp, would work.
October 22nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
@willjacobs boxee should index in the background any new source that is added as well as updates ..you can leave boxee parked and see if it updates the content or you can try to index from scratch again by selecting from Settings>General>erase libraries ...
@Maraklov we are still working on the ui/indicators for indexing but i will forward your suggestion to our product team..
October 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Since Boxee should be indexing sources in the background is there a notion of an 'index interval' in the .xml configuration files?
I'm using Boxee on an AppleTV and I don't see any settings available to either manually rescan/re-index sources or a way to control how often existing sources are rescan/re-indexed for new content.
Looking into guisettings.xml I do notice the following:
To me this would seem to control the option in question but I can not find a menu option for that using the AppleTV interface and setting to true manually (via a file edit) gets reverted.
October 23rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
@thechrisjackson - it seems like it refreshes every ~5 mins or so. if you watch the "recently added" section on the home screen, you can see when it refreshes. i agree though, an "in progress" indicator would be cool.
@marcel - thanks for the tip. i actually ended up doing what you suggested. in fact, i reverted to the old alpha, and upgraded again. but it remembered what it had indexed! pretty amazing. i guess the indexed data files aren't wiped out when you revert.
anyway, it did start indexing after i got my shares/organization worked out (see my post on sharing setup here http://forum.boxee.tv/showpost.php?p=6198&postcount=24). however, i have 2 issues:
1) it indexed all my movies, but enclosed them inside folders. in list mode, all my movies look like this: TITLE [+]
- so then i have to click the movie once, which brings up the movie's thumbnail, which i then click, then i can click play. basically it's one level too deep. not sure why that happened, it wasn't that way when it indexed prior to my reinstall.
2) after the initial indexing, it won't update. maybe tonight i'll try to erase the libs and let it index again.
overall though, like i said, when the indexing works, it's working great, and the new interface rocks!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.