View Full Version : iPhone remote + appletv not working, webserver is up
May 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
My Boxee Remote application does not seem to work with Boxee on my AppleTV.
Here's my setup:
1. iPhone 3G with software up to date
2. AppleTV with latest boxee installed
3. http://appletv.local:8800 works, no password, and it brings up a "Xbox Media Center - Remote Control" page
I made sure that my iPhone is on the local network, if I try to load http://appletv.local:8800 in Safari on the iPhone, it works.
Still, when I launch boxee on the iPhone I get "No hosts found". Any ideas?
May 11th, 2009, 07:36 AM
1. Make sure boxee is running on your Machine.
2. Make sure that the Web server is enabled and the port is set to 8800(default) on boxee (Settings>Network>Servers)
3. Make sure your iTouch / iPhone is connecting to wifi that is on the SAME subnet as your boxee machine.Note If it's using edge / 3g internet connection, then it will NOT be able to connect to Boxee
1.use safari on your iTouch / iPhone to call up the boxee app's web-based interface by typing the IP address of the Boxee host & port number(e.g http://192.168.2.1:8800/). If that doesn't work, then your handheld device isn't on the same subnet.
2. Make sure the Web Server Password is empty.
May 11th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Marcel, did you read my post? :-) I've tried all your troubleshooting steps. They are all true.
My iPhone does connect to the local wifi - i can access http://appletv.local:8800 and it works - and Boxee is up - since I can access the previously mentioned webpage. Still, it doesn't find the host.
Any other ideas of how I could debug this?
May 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
sorry about that..do you have boxee running on another machine to see if you can connect to that with your iphone..
May 11th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Still no luck.
I've installed Boxee on my Mac, I can access it from the iPhone at http://192.168.1.7:8800, but the iPhone boxee app still says "no host found".
What range of addresses is the iPhone app looking for? Is it trying to look for a specific IP address? Can I download the source code from anywhere and run it in XCode to see what it tries to do?
May 17th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I am having the same problem and have tried all the troubleshooting steps with no luck.
May 18th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Please could you run boxee in debug (http://forum.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=377) and send me the logs
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.